EN 55015 CISPR 15
Limits and Methods of Measurement of Radio Disturbance Characteristics of Electrical Lighting and Similar Equipment
Published: July 4th, 2023
EN 55015 Scope:
EN 55015 applies to the emission (radiated and conducted) of radio frequency disturbances from:
- All lighting equipment with a primary function of generating and/or distributing light for illumination purposes, and intended either for connection to the low voltage electricity supply or for battery operation;
- The lighting part of multi-function equipment where one of its main functions is lighting;
- Independent auxiliaries used only for lighting;
- Lighting equipment operating in the ISM frequency bands (as defined in Resolution 63 (1979) of the ITU Radio Regulation);
- Lighting equipment for aircraft and airports;
The following things are not covered by EN 55015:
lighting equipment that works in the ISM frequency bands (as defined in Resolution 63 (1979) of the ITU Radio Regulation);
lighting equipment for airplanes and airports; and equipment for which the requirements for electromagnetic compatibility in the radio-frequency range are clearly stated in other IEC or CISPR standards.
- lighting devices that are integrated into other equipment, such as scale illumination or neon devices; photocopiers; slide projectors;
Some examples include neon lights devices, photocopiers, and slide projectors. There is also lighting equipment for cars.
The range of frequencies tested for EN 55015 is from 9 kHz to 400 GHz.
Equipment with multiple functions that is subject to different clauses of this standard and/or other standards at the same time must meet the requirements of each clause or standard while the relevant functions are in use.
On a probabilistic base, the limit of an EN 55015 test has been set to keep the suppression of disturbances within economically reasonable limits while still getting a good level of radioprotection and electromagnetic compatibility. In rare situations, extra measures may be needed.
If you would like to learn more about our testing services, you can feel free to give us a call at (855) 952-0500.
Talk to us
please contact us for information on how we can help you with your compliance needs.